Vision trumps everything - The 10 secrets to a Vision.Dec 17, 2020
The 10 secrets to a Vision have been developed with the objective to enable people to find a way to become a better version of themselves and to live a fully charged life. An other objective is that I personally think there are far too few Visions out there, so this is also my contribution to make the world a better more vibrant place, for all people.
The Covid-19 crisis has unexpectedly thrown most people into a new situation and many are now “forced” to work from home (WFH). WFH has two sides, like a coin. One side is the freedom, creativity and higher productivity and the other side is missing the office and camaraderie.
In this new reality many people are lacking a vibrant life changing vision. The world demand more bold leaders and I hope the text will contribute to that mission.
What is a vision?
Figure 1: Vision enables you to break out from your comfort zone
The ability to imagine the ideal or VISION we need to consider the following:
- Vision derives from a word literally meaning “see”. What better word than vision describe the capacity to be forward-looking and fore-sighted.
- A vision suggests a future orientation.
- A vision is an image, a picture of what could be. Visual metaphors are very common when we are talking about the strategic intent of an organisation.
- Vision connotes a standard of excellence, an ideal. It implies a choice of values.
- Vision also has the quality of uniqueness. It hints a what makes something special.
Our definition of a vision is the following:
- A mental picture of a preferred future situation.
- A mental journey from the known to the unknown, creating the future from a montage of current facts, hopes, dreams, dangers and opportunities.
- An articulated view of a realistic, credible, attractive future for the organisation.
- A mental picture that connects with the audience.
Long before the pandemic we saw the following needs that co-workers were struggling with:
- Stress, anxiety, and burnout are at an all-time high across the board.
- Building a real business is more difficult and competitive than ever.
- Employers demand excellence from employees – especially executives
– like never before.
- People are working twice as hard, but feel half as fulfilled.
- Working from home has become the new norm
- Managers are doing things right, leaders are doing what is right, but both are missing out on finding the right NEW things in the world.
- Many leaders are at the brink of “River Rubicon” and are hesitating to cross the river and explore the NEW.
- Society needs bold and brave leaders who take a stand for love, kindness and compassion in order to up-lift mankind.
The main question to answer is: Do you have an energising purpose in your life?
In order to succeed in setting up a long-term solution for this new reality we are faced with, we need to find new answers to many different questions.
The 10 secrets are presented without any individual prioritising:
Secret #1: Needs to be inclusive for all co-workers.
Secret #2: Breaking barriers and boundaries
Secret #3: Is possible to achieve
Secret #4: Is collective (long-term and superior)
Secret #5: Communicative, for example, through a slogan
Secret #6: Create fire within and passion
Secret #7: Can be visualised
Secret #8: Appeal to the feelings
Secret #9: Say something about the future
Secret #10: Say something about the ambition level
Send us an email if you like to get the secrets explained in details. Understanding of these secrets are the key in developing a fully charged life and having a vibrant life changing vision will help you get there faster.
The diagram below will help you to carve out the different items that need to change:
The process to adapting to the New Reality consist of the following steps:
Figure 2: The process to adapt to the New Reality
After you have created the life changing vibrant vision you start with step 1 below:
Step 1: Designing your dream lifestyle.
- Challenge yourselves, take time and find your hidden potentials
Step 2: Create your unique way
- Carve out milestones, aim for three
Step 3: The die is cast
- This is the tipping point. Move forward with confidence.
Step 4: Accelerate in the new
- Do not look back. Move forward swiftly and decisively.
Step 5: Live fully and advance with abundance
- Carve out new challenges and enjoy your fully charged life.
The effective way to ensure you not only find your new path going forward, but stay on track with it, is to use coaching.
Figure 3: Give life to your vision
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have professional questions you need help answering via an experienced coach and sounding board, please contact us at Growise on [email protected] or call Göran +467034340086.