Coaching to Thrive in the FutureNov 05, 2020
The Covid-19 crisis has unexpectedly thrown most people into new situation and many are now “forced” to work from home (WFH). WFM has two sides, like a coin. One side is the freedom, creativity and higher productivity and the other side is missing the office and camaraderie.
Organisations and coworkers can use a coaching approach to find out what needs to be transformed so that the new can be conquered. This blog outlines how this can be approached.
Coaching is a booming industry, and online coaching in particular is an excellent way to seek out hidden potentials, so that you can advance with abundance in this New Reality.
Good coaching is about your whole life and not just one slice of what is defining your lifestyle. The picture below will help readers to recognise what type of life they are currently living:
Figure 1: Different options
With or without a pandemic, the main thing is to ask yourself: What is the outcome of my chosen lifestyle? Am I happy, or do I need to change?
If you look at the graph above, how is your outcome today? And where do you want it to be in, say, 5 or even 10 years from now. Are you living a caged life where it’s all about Work, Eat, Sleep and Repeat or are you engaging in a comfortable life but no real meaning. Is the challenge to live to the next pay check, take a vacation and just let the days pass, or are you living a charged life, where you can’t wait to get up in the morning to accomplish great things.
Long before the pandemic we saw the following needs that co-workers were struggling with:
- Stress, anxiety, and burn-out are at an all-time high across the board.
- Building a real business is more difficult and competitive than ever.
- Employers demand excellence from employees – especially executives
– like never before.
- People are working twice as hard, but feel half as fulfilled.
- Working from home has become the new norm
- Managers are doing things right, leaders are doing what is right but both are missing out on finding the right NEW things in the world.
- Many leaders are at the brink of “River Rubicon” and are hesitating to cross the river and explore the NEW.
- The society needs bold and brave leaders who take a stand for love, kindness and compassion in order to up-lift mankind.
The main question to answer is: Do you have an energising purpose in your life?
In order to succeed in setting up a long-term solution for this new reality we are faced with, we need to find new answers to many different questions.
The diagram below will help you to carve out the different items that need to change:
Figure 2: The process to adapt to the New Reality
The process to adapting to the New Reality consist of the following steps:
Step 1: Designing your dream lifestyle.
- Challenge yourselves, take time and find your hidden potential
Step 2: Create your unique way
- Carve out milestones, aim for three
Step 3: The die is cast
- This is the tipping point. Move forward with confidence.
Step 4: Accelerate in the new
- Do not look back. Move forward swiftly and decisively.
Step 5: Live fully and advance with abundance
- Carve out new challenges and enjoy your fully charged life.
The effective way to ensure you not only find your new path going forward, but stay on track with it, is to use coaching.
The objectives with coaching are as follows:
- Unlock hidden potential
- Detecting what is hindering the individual from being more successful
- Describe and calibrate so that the individual’s needs are always present throughout the process
- Make sure that new capabilities prevail
The coaching process starts with a true will to grow as a person, team or organisation. Needs will be defined and a mutual road map will be created. The coaching starts with calibration and reflection that are also imbedded in the process.
Figure 3: The coaching process
The process ends with a review and making sure that the new capabilities will prevail. Each process is tailor-made regarding need, time and scope.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have professional questions you need help answering via an experienced coach and sounding board, please contact us at Growise on [email protected] or call Göran +467034340086.